Thursday, March 3, 2011

New dresses and fabrics

Haven't blogged for a while because I have been madly busy, which is great but doesn't leave me much time for many extra curricular activities (except food and beer ) So I quickly wanted to show you some new dresses I have been making and some new fabrics in stock. Not only have the floral Betsys been going strong in our own fabrics but lots of you are enjoying the fact that you can design your own dress by combining elements of our patterns with your own fabric.

 Some of you already have your own stash of fabric which has been lying around until the right time and others have enjoyed trawling for fabric inspiration. At a very reasonable price I can highly recommend the Wednesday morning market in Hyson Green, Nottingham (next to Asda). Tracey and her gorgeous Dad Alf always have something worth picking up and at £1.20 a metre it's worth taking a risk on as it's not going to break the bank. Another stall has also opened there more recently with prices ranging from £1 up to £5 metre. You can also find a habadashery stall which has all kinds of wierd, wonderful and shiny things which appeals to the magpie in me, even if I haven't got around to using many of my purchases. They also stock interesting ribbons, braiding etc.

Another option, which is slightly more expensive but has an amazing choice is the fabric stall Sharma's in the Victoria market and if you mention that Frock sent you they will give you a 10% discount. John Lewis also sells fabric but choice is limited, not very adventurous and a bit on the dear side.


Norma and Betsy in the same duck egg blue/floral cotton fabric.




The same fabric below in two other colourways.




Bespoke Betsy and Clara in the same fabric bought in by the customer.


And Emma in her bespoke Clara.


Another bespoke Clara in customers' own African batik fabric given to her by her mother in law.

Fun new fabrics which would suit any of our dresses.I think the skull pattern will look great as a bombshell dress.

This is going to look great as a Betsy and I am also hoping to try out a tea dress pattern in this fabric.

This will look stunning in the Norma style dress, very Tiki.



Betsy in red/white and black/ white gingham.They will also look fab in any of the polka dot fabrics too.




Combination of a Norma bodice and bombshell skirt in customers' own fabric.


I'm also very excited because in April I have some amazing Japanese import fabrics coming in which are expensive but fabulous. There will only be enough on each roll for 3 or 4 dresses so they will be totally unique (that's if I can bear to sell them and not keep them all to myself) Will post on this when the fabric arrives....can't wait!







2 comments:

  1. Love the floral fabrics. I will have to check out the Hyson Green market.

    If you are ever in London check out Goldhawk rd.... a whole street of fabric shops. Well worth a visit! (and loads cheaper than Vicky market ;))

    I get allot of my more unusual prints from the States, even witht the shipping costs, works out cheaper than some uk suppliers!

    http://booboo-kitty-couture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your tip, will have to check that out next time I'm in London.

    Was wondering about shipping from America, do you buy by the roll or by the metre? just wondered what shipping costs would be on whole rolls.

    I have seen the prints you are talking about and they are amazing, you can't really find that stuff here

    ReplyDelete